Pages

October 19, 2012

Pumpkin Farm

Will, Avary, Jakob, and Sam at Sunshine Pumpkin Farm
On Saturday afternoon, we went to the pumpkin farm in Gerhardsbrunn to choose this year's Halloween pumpkins. This is our third Halloween in Germany, and each year we've bought pumpkins from this farm. The pumpkin field is outside of the village, but the rest of the farm is contained in the barn and yard right next to the family's house inside the village. Last year and the year before, we went on a fun tour of the farm with our homeschool group. I love the little farms in Germany!

A few weeks ago, the kids and I went to the thrift store so they could each choose something. Will had accomplished his potty-training goal, and Avary and Sam had also thought of convincing reasons why they should get to choose a toy. :) While we were there, they also picked out some Halloween costumes. It was "bag sale day" so everything we could fit into a bag was $5. It was a successful trip... they each got a toy and a Halloween costume all for $6 (I had to buy a reusable bag for  $1).

I was thinking that I'd been doing pretty good in the Halloween department this year, being so prepared and all, but the fact that Avary was holding such a big pumpkin right above Jakob's head while I took this picture, might dispute my "Supermom" Halloween success just a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment