Pages

August 23, 2011

Swimming at Gelterswoog - August 19, 2011

We went swimming at Gelterswoog this weekend. This is the lake that Will fell into last year. I'm glad we finally went back and this time everyone (except me, because my swimsuit no longer covers my bulging belly) went for a swim. This time Will's swimming experience was intentional and he had fun. :)


He was nervous to get in at first. He loved playing in the baby pool where the kids took swimming lessons this summer, so when we said we were going swimming at the lake, he kept saying, "I gonna swim in baby pool?" I kept telling him we were going to the lake, but I guess that once he saw it, he had to take his time getting used to the idea of getting in. It's kind of sad that summer is almost over and this was our first time going there this year, but the summer just flew by!

There were a lot of baby fish in there. They were all at least three inches long.
Cooling off our feet.
Sam and Avary had such a fun time! We definitely have to go back before it gets too cold.


And Will finally decided to give the lake a chance, and then he couldn't get enough. Whenever Mike brought him back to the shallow water so that he could swim farther out, Will would try to walk out into the deeper water so he could join his Daddy and the bigger kids.


It was such a fun afternoon!
Will was being a good boy when I took this picture and obeying Mommy after I told him not to walk any farther into the deeper water.

As a sidenote, there happens to be a guy in the background wearing his tighty whiteys to swim. Mike and I thought it was funny, but it also got us talking about how in the States, if an adult was walking around in their undies, they'd probably be arrested for indecent exposure or something, yet it is okay for people to walk around in bikinis and speedos... it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Anyway, I still think it's kind of funny that here in Germany, people will just have their kids take off all their clothes to go swimming, and that even some adults will just strip down to their undies if they don't have a swimsuit with them. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment