Pages

June 4, 2008

China Trip, End of Day 1

The last thing we did on the first day was eat dinner at another Chinese restaurant. Here is a picture of our meal. On a plate near the back, you may be able to see a fish, with it's head sticking up on one end, and it's tail sticking up on the other end. The middle part was the meat of the fish all chopped up and mixed with a sauce. I tried a little and it wasn't too bad.

These pictures are too dark, but I wanted to put them up because they represent a fun memory from our trip. The kids were so restless after such a long day, so we were only eating dinner for a very short time before we had to take them outside. There were some people hanging around (some trying to sell stuff to tourists like us), and the kids were a big hit with them. They just laughed at, and talked to, and played with the kids for the longest time. Most poeple over here don't hesitate to just pick up someone else's kid (something I've had to get used to), so in the picture below a lady is holding Sam.


One of the men in the group gave each of the kids an orange toy kitten, which the kids loved! Below, the lady is playing with Avary and her kitten.


And as soon as it was time to go, and that bus started moving, the kids were out (with kittens in hand).



Before dinner, we went to an Acrobat Show. It was really fun to watch. Mike and I took turns being out in the lobby with Avary because she didn't like the loud music. She also had to go potty, so I tried to take her, but she refused to go because the toilets were not seats. They were flat on the floor, so she would have had to squat. That was a problem at a lot of places during the trip. We ended up just having her wear diapers for the the rest of our trip, because she refused to use those toilets. Here is a video clip from the show.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you did a great job describing your trip. Sounds fascinating! I love that you all are celebrities over there! So fun!

    ReplyDelete