Pages

December 12, 2007

To Our Daughter



Happy Birthday! Today you turned three, Baby Girl! We have had so many adventures together! Today was a big adventure, because it was your first day at Disneyland. You really liked the Smallworld ride, especially because we got to ride in boats! And you met a lot of fun Disney characters. I know you love birthday parties. You like to invite me to pretend birthday parties where we open pretend presents and eat pretend cake. Don't worry, we'll have your birthday party when we are all done with our Disneyland trip :). Wow, our family has been through a lot of changes and come a long way in the last three years, and you have helped us so much! Since you were born, you have moved seven times, and Daddy has been gone for a significant amount of time three seperate times. These changes are hard on us adults, so I know they must be hard on you. As you get older, I can see how the changes effect you in different ways. But through all of these big transitions you have been a constant light in our lives. I really missed Daddy while he was gone, but you were right there with me everyday, being a wonderful friend to me and Sam. You always stay strong and happy, and you help give us so much support and joy. Now you are sleeping, but tomorrow when you wake up I will give you a great big hug and say "Thank you!" I'm so excited for lots more adventures! We love you!


All tuckered out after an exciting day giving hugs to princesses, Goofy, and Pluto.

4 comments:

  1. How funny, Rick took Emma to Disneyland yesterday (Tuesday) too! We are looking forward to seeing you and your family on Sunday :) IN PERSON :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. To the most beautiful girl in the world (oh, sorry Shay, we mean Avary this time.), sounds like you're having a wonderful birthday! Even tho you're a big three-year-old girl now, just remember you'll ALWAYS be your Grandpa's "little Babycakes". We will love you forever and ever!!!
    Happy Birthday Avary Frankelberry Pie! Grammy & Grandpa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Avary! You are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Avary! Wow, can you really be 3? What a little sweetheart you sound like!

    ReplyDelete