stools!" Ever since Avary and I made her Thanksgiving Turkey, when I asked her what she was thankful for, she has been asking, "Mommy, do you want to say what I'm thankful for?" (meaning do I want to ask her what she's thankful for). So I say, "Avary what are you thankful for?" over and over while she tells me one thing she is thankful for each time I ask the question (usually just whatever pops into her head at the time, or something she sees in the room). Well, the other day, one of her answers was "stools", and it dawned on me that she probably
really is thankful for stools. From the time she was old enough to climb onto stools, they have been one of her best tools. Once she got strong enought to carry them around, she started using them to get anything out of reach. Avary has spent so much time standing on a stool next to me in the kitchen helping me cook, or carrying stools around the house trying to reach things without asking for my help, or trying to reach things that she asked ne for, but I told her she couldn't have. She started all of this while we were at my parent's house during Mike's deployment, and they had tall stools there. I remember walking into her room one day to find one of those stools on her bed! I think she may have been trying to reach a glow-in-the-dark star on the ceiling. At our house we just have a little piano bench, and a smaller stepping stool, but she uses them just like the stools at Grammy and Grandpa's house. Anyway, I realized that it would be a shame to not have any pictures of Avary on a stool, and I couldn't remember if I had any or not, so I took some.




Then I found these older pictures. Left January 11, 2007. Right March 27, 2007
(yes, those are oven mitts on her feet).
As a side note, we are now homeless. We moved out of our house this last week (and what a crazy week it was!), and we are now on our way to see our families before we are off to Korea. I'll post pics of our trip later.
I'm thankful for stools too, Avary. When you're vertically challenged they can be lifesavers.
ReplyDeleteHow cute!! It is so true when you think about how much time these little ones spend on stools. Tyler is the exact same way. So cute that she said she was thankful for them!
ReplyDeleteShay~ Avary is getting so big! She is such a cutie though. Cash has yet to figure out the stool thing completely and I am totally okay with now for now. You have to call me while you are here before you ship off to Korea! We can have one last shebang!! Take care and travel safe.
ReplyDeleteI can't believe how big Avary is...She is the spitting image of you, and there's one picture where she actually looks like your mom too. So, when exactly are you and Mike going to be in I.F, and when exactly do you guys go? Josh and I will be home December 21-January 4th.
ReplyDeleteThat is so funny! Spencer is starting to catch on to the wonder of stools too.
ReplyDeleteYup Shay, I can still picture Avary in our kitchen with a stool pushed into the pantry trying to get the chocolate hearts her daddy sent her from Iraq that you had put on one of the top shelves so she COULDN'T get them whenever she wanted. Ha ha, guess she showed you, huh! And of course, pushing the stool up to the counter when Scott made pancakes and asking, "Can I help with ya?" She became quite the expert pancake maker.
ReplyDelete