Jakob got a hold of the camera the other day and took these pics.
I was being lazy and reading a book. I'm trying to read the books the kids are reading because I feel like they are reading all these books for Battle of the Books at school, and I don't even know what's in them. I want to know what is going into those little minds of theirs.
I took this one of the cats because I thought it was funny that they were in the exact same, very uncomfortable looking position.
And that night, I finally got around to cutting Tommy's hair. These are the before pics. This kid had been getting called a girl almost every time we went out in public. People would say things like, "She's so cute" or "How old is she?" all the time, even though he'd be wearing very boyish clothes. I had put off cutting his hair, partly out of business, laziness, and also I think because it made me a little sad to be giving him his first haircut, but it had also started hanging in his eyes, so unless I was going to start putting barrettes and ponytails in it, it was definitely time.
This was quite dangerous, by the way.
After a bath and haircut he crawled around all happy like he felt like a million bucks. I didn't cut a lot off, just made sure it wasn't in his eyes or long enough in back for a ponytail.
And guess what, I was at the post office with him and Jakob yesterday, and the guy there said, "So you have a boy and a girl." Huh?! I guess we need to just go for the buzz cut... but not yet.




No comments:
Post a Comment