January 29, 2017
Boys. Also Cats - January 13, 2017
One of the best things about the boys sharing a room is walking in first thing in the morning to find them doing things like this. Bunk beds open up all kinds of possibilities for hot wheels tracks. These mornings are the best kind, but I'd be lying if I said every morning at our house was like this. Most mornings actually begin with a race to the bathroom, followed by slamming doors and shouting/crying because in a race, someone's gotta lose. Yeah, those mornings are fun... so fun I'd like to crawl back into my bed and hide. But then there are these kinds of mornings that remind me that my kids are actually friends, and fighting is just a normal part of childhood, and someday, I'll be able to look back at those rough mornings and laugh. And then laugh even harder when I get to watch my grandkids putting their parents through the same stuff.
And on that same morning I walked out to the living room to find a cat enjoying the sunrise instead of cruising my countertop. It was a good morning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment