Pages

August 23, 2011

Update

       Well, here's an update on what else we've been up too the last couple of weeks, other than the things I took pictures of. It's still been really hot, so I haven't felt like getting out that much, but we've kept busy with homeschooling and more cleaning and organizing.
        A couple of Sundays ago, Mike took the kids for a walk after church. He wanted to see if he could find a way to walk to a deer farm in the next village over without taking the main roads. Well, he found one and it turned out to be a long walk. They were gone for about two hours, but they had fun. They always love watching the deer.
        Even with our super fun weekend, Mike managed to finish the coursework for a really difficult class he's taking for his degree program. He's working on a Masters in Environmental Management, and the class he just finished was the hardest in the program. He did great, too. He wrote most of his research paper over the weekend and got a 95% on it. He got really behind in the beginning, but managed to catch up and finish everything on time, which is quite the accomplishment, considering he's been working 12 hour days most of the time. I'm proud of him. :) He has three classes to do between now and Christmas, but they should all be easier, and this time he won't get so behind... hopefully. :)
       Almost two weeks ago, I went to the hospital for the ECV that was scheduled because of the baby still being breech or transverse. Well, the night before, I was sitting up in bed and could feel his head on the right side of my belly. But when I laid down on my side to go to sleep, I felt his head move down. The next morning, I couldn't tell if he was still head down or not, but when we got to the hospital they did an ultrasound to check his position, and sure enough, he was head down. Yay! So I didn't need to get the ECV done afterall. The nurse midwife who did the ultrasound said she was going to go talk to the doctor about the possibility of inducing, which surprised me, but I guess they sometimes do that for an unstable lie. 37 weeks seems too early to me, though. Anyway, when she came back she said that we'd see if he was still head down at my next appointment, and go from there.                                        Well, a couple of days later, I could tell he was no longer head down. I had been following the midwife's suggestions for keeping him head down, but I guess the little guy just didn't want to stay that way. At my 38 week appointment he still wasn't head down, so the doctor suggested that we schedule another ECV at 39 weeks, followed by an induction, if they are able to get him to turn. So, we have that scheduled for this Thursday. I've been going back and forth about it ever since. On one hand, if they are able to successfully turn him, I could just wait to go into labor on my own and hope that he stays head down until I do. On the other hand, with how much this boy seems to change positions (and has not been head down much at all), I'm not confident he would stay head down. The other option is to do nothing and just wait and see if he turns when he's good and ready to be born. The problem with that is that if he doesn't turn on his own by then, he may be too big to turn easily, so I'd end up needing a c-section. Anyway, I think we'll go ahead and have the ECV procedure, and if it is successful, just be induced. I feel like this is probably the best way to avoid a c-section, and have the most natural birth given the circumstances. And to be honest, because of him not being positioned right, I tend to worry about him more than I would otherwise. There is probably nothing to worry about, but still, I kind of feel that at this point, it would just be good help him be born while he's in a good position to do so.
Anyway, I'd better get to the laundry, cleaning, and spending some good quality time with the kiddos before our baby boy comes, and he just might be here the day after tomorrow! We already love you Belly Baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment