One day in August we went to Gartenschau. Mike's boss wanted everyone to spend the afternoon doing something fun, and this was the activity he chose. Families were also invited. We met everyone at an Italian restaurant near Gartenschau, had lunch and then walked over to Gartenschau. Gartenschau is a big park in Kaiserslautern. There are dinosaurs, and a few playgrounds, as well as a little water park. The waterpark is just a little place with water running through streams that the kids can play in. It was a fun afternoon.
Posing by one of the dinosaurs.
Checking out that big mouth.
Some baby dinosaurs just hatching.
These slides were huge. Avary loved them. It took Sam awhile to convince himself to go down one, but he eventually did and had fun too.
While Avary was enjoying the slides, Sam was exploring this castle.
Climbing the ropes. The lady in the green shirt is Anne, a German lady that Mike works with. She spent the afternoon with us.
Here goes Avary down one of the slides.
Mike and the kids went up to check out this tower.
Avary and Anne.
On our way out, the kids got to take a ride in these little cars. They loved it!
I love the look of concentration on Sam's face.
I know the kids are looking forward to the day that we will go back to Gartenschau.
I just realized that I have no pictures of Will in this post. He was there, and when he wasn't on my back I was chasing him around, so I guess I put the camera away during those times. He had a fun afternoon too. :)





No comments:
Post a Comment