Pages

May 21, 2008

Buddies




Awww... isn't it sweet. The best of friends. Here is the real story behind the pictures. Lately, Avary wants to hold Sam's hand a lot. Sometimes he's happy about it. Sometimes he's not. In the picture above Avary was taking Sam back and forth from their room to the living room. Each time they came out of their room, they both had a toy that they would set down on the living room floor in nice little rows. Sam was happy holding Avary's hand and they played together like this for quite awhile. But, we also have a lot of little fights break out these days because Avary insists on holding Sam's hand whether he wants her to or not.

After awhile they got bored with bringing toys out into the living room, and they just played in their room. I went to check on them and found them just resting on Avary's bed. I thought it was so cute, and I told Avary what a great big sister she was being to Sam because they were playing so nicely together. At that point, Sam wanted to sit up and try to get down, and Avary said something about how when Sam tries to sit up, she grabs his hair and pulls him down. Oh.

The bossy big sister is emerging.

Okay, so it's not always as sweet as it looks, but it is so cute when they are playing together and both having fun, which seems to happen more often as they are getting older.

4 comments:

  1. They remind me so much of me and my little brother Daniel when we were that age. I pretty much just told him what to do, and he pretty much just did it whether he wanted to or not. It's one of the few perks of being the older sister...there aren't that many after that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a sweet pictures!

    Oh boy, your story sounds SO familiar. Janelle and Spencer are the same way. Janelle totally loves to hold Spencer's hands and give him tons of hugs and kisses...which is nice initially until Spencer gets tired of it. Those bossy older sisters! (I'm allowed to say that since I was definitely one too!) It certainly IS nice when they play together though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I can sooooo see Tyler doing that same thing when our Sam is big enough to walk around. He insists on grabbing him all the time as it is!! They are so stinking cute though!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there Sam, once you gain more size on her you'll be the boss. I know from experience...don't I Shay.

    ReplyDelete