We had a pretty great Halloween. This was the first one that Avary was really old enough to have a fun time. We started the evening by going to our ward's Trunk or Treat. We were just going to go for the activities they were going to have before the trunk or treat started and then leave. But they ended up not doing any activities, so it was just the trunk or treat. Luckily, we had a few bags of candy in the car just in case. Mike took Avary and Sam around while I stayed by the trunk and handed out candy. By the time Mike and Avary made it back I had run out of candy so we started handing out all the candy Avary had collected. Mike said that while they were trick or treating, Avary always said, "Trick or Treat", then "Thank you", and then when they asked her what she was, she'd say, "Quack Quack". So I guess she got the whole trick or treating thing figured out pretty fast. Anyway, after the trunk or treat we came home and Mike took Avary and Sam to a few of the houses on our street. Our friends loaded Avary up with candy so she didn't come home empty handed afterall. It was a fun night!
Our little Duckling and Bear. When I got into bed at 3 am the other night, after finishing Avary's costume and sewing most of Sam's (No, I don't think I'll ever learn my lesson about procrastinating, and no, I'm not good at sewing, which is why it took so long), I realized that for Avary's it would have been fun to use the same pattern, but make it out of blue fabric and put dog ears on instead of a beak, so she could be Blue from Blue's Clues. We have a Blue's Clues video that she really likes. But as it turned out she loved being a duck. She's been wanting to wear the costume for the past 3 days, and she goes around the house acting like a duck.
Sam isn't as much of a growler as he used to be, but he still made a darn cute bear.
I like this one because Avary looks like a ghost duck :)
I can't believe you made those costumes! They are SO cute! And your kids are just precious!
ReplyDeleteWow Shay! You are so ambitious! They look very professional. Sounds like a great Halloween.
ReplyDeleteHoly Cow! You MADE those??? They're SO cute! You are way more ambitious than me going for two costumes, I totally copped out after one! Avary and Sam look adorable!
ReplyDeleteI am impressed! Cute costumes and even cuter kids! Emma really enjoyed Halloween too. She still asks about going trick or treating again...
ReplyDeleteI can't believe you made their costumes--that is amazing!! I'm so glad that your kids ended up with candy even though you passed most of theirs out. Oh, and isn't it so neat that Sam and Kaitlyn are so close in age? Maybe they'll both meet up with each other at BYU someday. Oh and I was just talking to a nice family from my ward that was stationed in Korea. I'll have to ask her more about it for you...or maybe you guys could swap emails.
ReplyDeleteHang on to that Blues Clues idea for down the road. Its a cute idea and now that you're an expert seamstress you could whip it out in no time! Maybe your kids and their future cousins will put on some skits. Hmmm, where would they get that idea?! Love you, Mom
ReplyDeleteHey Mike, love the awesome deformed Jack-o-lanterns! Self-portrait, huh. Oh, sorry!
ReplyDeleteThose kids are so cute! sounds like they had lots of fun.
ReplyDelete