The other night, I was really tired and went to bed as soon as both the kids were in bed. Lately, Avary usually gets out of bed several times at night right after we put her to bed (that's not the cute part :)). That night was no different, so a few minutes after I got into bed, I heard the pitter-patter of little feet in the hall and then in my room. I kept my eyes closed, but I knew that Avary was standing right by my bed. She stood there for a few seconds and then said, "Sweetie Pie?". It was just really funny hearing her say that like we had just reversed roles or something.
On another night recently, Mike read to Avary and then told her it was time for bed. Avary cheerfully picked up her blanket and went right to her room and put herself to bed. She told Mike to have me come in and say goodnight, so I did. As we left her room, Avary said, "Have a good night you guys." And she didn't even get out of bed again that night.

What a little sweetheart! I love hearing about Avary, she sure has a lot of character!
ReplyDeleteWhat is it with little girls getting out of bed? Janelle does that too.
Avary you're a sweetie.
ReplyDelete