Pages

October 7, 2007

Lincoln City

Mike didn't have to work on Friday so we took a little trip to Lincoln City, OR. I've been wanting to take him there since we've been married. I LOVE that place. I'm sure that it's mostly due to the great memories that I have from visiting my cousins and aunt there. We went there every year from the time I was little. I hadn't been there for a few years until this weekend. But it's only four hours away from us now, and we decided this would be a good weekend to go. The beaches and ocean there are BEAUTIFUL! We spent a lot of time enjoying them, and we also got to see my aunt Kathy and my cousin Zana during our trip. Thank you both for making time to see us! We had a great time!


Fogarty Creek State Park


This is at the beach at Fogarty Creek.

Here is Fogarty Creek right before it runs into the ocean. One thing I love about the Oregon Coast is that the mountains and forest descend right to the beaches, and in some places there are steep cliffs from the forest to the sea.

The beach at Fogarty Creek

Here is another beach where, at low tide, tide pools form in the rocks. It's a great place to explore!


Checking out a Sea Anenome

And this is the Sandcastle Playground, Avary's dream come true. We stopped to play there for a few minutes before we left this morning. It is quite the playgound. If it hadn't been so cold this morning, I'm sure we would have stayed to play longer. It is right next to Devil's Lake. Yes, Lincoln City even has it's own lake.

It was even sunny all day Friday! I don't think that happens very often there.











3 comments:

  1. I've never been to Lincoln, but I have been to Newport (about 30 min farther south) and I have to agree, the Oregon coast is pretty spectacular! It is so great to see your family all back together again and having fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shay, it is absolutely beautiful here. I have only been to the northern coast of California but OR looks breathtaking. I will definately have to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This place is beautiful...I want to go so bad now.

    ReplyDelete