Pages

January 27, 2007

Sam's and Avary's Latest Interests


I believe we have another thumb sucker on our hands. Sam has gone from chewing on his hands, to chewing on his fingers, to sucking on his thumb and finger together, to just sucking his thumb. I know what the doctor will say at his next visit. "The pacifier is better than the thumb because you can take it away". Well, Sam knows what he wants and its NOT a pacifier. He's made that quite clear by gagging and going from fussing to very angry crying almost every time I've tried to offer him one for the past month or two. I'm actually pretty glad he's finally figured out a way to calm himself down. Oh well, babies have to assert their independence somehow, right :)



One of Avary's latest interests is piling sheets and pillowcases on Zeppy. She says, "Zeppy wear this" and just keeps piling them on. Sometimes she calls them Zeppy's jammies. Its a good thing Zeppy is such a nice dog. Avary gives her lots of doggy cookies, so I guess she figures she can put up with Avary's toddlerhood for a bit longer.

1 comment:

  1. It's true that thumbs are harder to take away when it's time for the sucking to stop, but at least he can find it in the middle of the night.

    Avary, Sam B. is very jealous that you get to live with a dog.

    ReplyDelete