It snowed all day and all night Sunday and into Monday, so we got to wake up to almost a foot of snow! And school was canceled! Needless to say, the kids were super happy and excited to get out and play in all that snow. Tommy wasn't sure what to think. And he was wearing plastic bags on his feet because we don't have any boots his size... after three boys?! Go figure.
It is rare for this part of the state to get so much snow, but I'm so glad that the kids got to have a few snowy days for our first winter back in Washington. Even I was feeling giddy as I got Tommy and I bundled up to go play outside. All four of the older kids had a blast. I built a little sledding hill that Will and Jakob played on for awhile. Sadly, the falling snow soon turned to rain and started melting the snow on the ground. But, they still got two more days off of school because of all the melting snow and rain plus cold temps at night making icy roads.
Bonny loved it too, possibly even more than the kids. She was running circles in the yard, jumping and burrowing in the snow. It was so cute!
Tommy tried crawling in the snow, but he got stuck. Is it bad that I took a picture before going to help him? After taking a picture, I asked Will to help him up, so he did and then accidentally dropped him, so Tommy face-planted in the snow. He wasn't a big fan of the snow after that.
His face was wet from both snow and tears after his face plant... I think he'll have more fun next year when he can actually walk.



No comments:
Post a Comment