January 29, 2017
A Letter to a Veteran, Clothing Drive - January 17, 2017
Avary's school raised funds for Honor Flight, to send veterans to DC to see their war memorials. She wrote this letter to be given to one of the veterans.
Her school also had a clothing drive, and I used it as an opportunity to give away a lot of our extra clothes. I keep most of the boys clothes since there is always another one coming up to grow into them, but since we don't have any other little girls growing into Avary's old clothes, I have to part with them. I keep a few of my very favorites, but it just doesn't make sense to keep the rest. I have to admit, it is really sad for me to part with her old clothes. Sad because my baby girl is growing up so fast, and sad that the baby girl who was going to grow into them does not need them. But, it makes me happy to think that they are going to another little girl in the community who can use them.
And I wanted to get a pick of the Taekwondo uniform from UMA before I got rid of it too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment