Pages

November 18, 2010

Concert in Luxembourg (September 17, 2010)

Also in September, about a week and a half after Grammy got here, Mike and I went to a concert in Luxembourg. It was Iron & Wine, and we really enjoyed it. The group that opened for him was called Musee Mecanique, and I wasn't sure what to expect because I'd never heard of them. But when they came out, one guy was holding a violin bow and a saw, which we thought was a good sign. :) They were pretty good. Their music was nice and relaxing, and they're from Portland so it was kind of fun to be in Luxembourg and see a band from close (kind of) to home. Sam Beam's music was the highlight. It was a small, casual setting, and he was really nice and funny. Mike and I had a great time there, and the kids had a great time partying with Grammy at home.

Luxembourg is only about a one to two hour drive from where we live.

A long tunnel right after crossing the border into Luxembourg.

A street in Luxembourg, near the concert location.

No comments:

Post a Comment