and it's only Wednesday! You know those days when you just don't feel like your a very good Mommy. I mean you know you are, but you just don't FEEL like you are. Well, I've been having a lot of those days lately. I can't seem to get anything done, which would be okay if I felt like I was spending a ton of quality time with the kids and they were having a great time. But lately I feel that despite spending a lot of time trying to get things done AND a lot of time trying to help the kids spend their days happily and productively, I'm not really accomplishing either. My house is mostly a mess, and the kids spend a lot of time fussing and I've been feeling irritated. Yesterday we were watching a ceremony and Sam fell off the first bleacher and bumped his head when I wasn't watching. And this morning we had a great start to the day with both kids crying and wanting to be held at the same time for about 15 minutes right after waking up. The kids have been a little bit sick off and on for the past few weeks, but not that bad, so I don't think that's the cause. Anyway, I guess I need to work on not feeling irritated even in the midst of chaos, and make time with the kids my priority. There are a lot of things that I try to put off doing until the kids are asleep, but there is just not enough time if I do that. So, I also need to work on being patient and letting the kids "help" while I try to get things done.
Here is Sam with his owie from yesterday. At least he's smiling :) You can also see part of one of my laundry piles on the floor behind him.I don't want to sound like I'm complaining. I'm just having one of those weeks that make me think, "what can I do better?". So that's a good thing. On the bright side, I did get all of the clean clothes folded yesterday. Now I just need to get them put away today.

Shayzer, I know, I know, I know. Two things that help me: 1) stop in the middle of the crying chaos, close your eyes, and breath deeply and slowly for a few minutes. It really does help. 2) When I feel like beating a child instead I chase them around the room growling, grab and tickle them, etc. They think it's hilarious and it really does help me to get out some pent up aggression.
ReplyDeleteDitto to Ginger, I know. Those weeks definitely happen. Poor Sam! If it makes you feel better, Spencer chipped his tooth about 2 weeks ago, and I have no idea when he did it. I just glanced at him and noticed he had a nice little chip out of his tooth. It IS hard to keep up with 2 kids and a house and all the other stuff you have to do. I hope things start getting better for you! I think you're a GREAT mommy!
ReplyDeleteAnd so it goes with little ones! But the wont be little forever and then you will be able to keep house better. At least, that is what I keep telling myself! I also pray often for strength and patience.
ReplyDeleteYeah, I have those weeks more often than I'd like to admit!! You're definitely not the only one! I'm so behind on the blogging world. First, I can't believe you're moving to Korea! You are amazing and so positive, I'm sure you guys will be awesome over there. And your kids' Halloween costumes were awesome! So cute! You're amazing, Shay!
ReplyDeleteShay~
ReplyDeletedon't let yourself get discouraged. You are such a good mom. You were a single mom and I was still amazed by you! I have those days often and I do know what you are talking about. Remember, this too shall pass! Take care!